Mental Health and Physical Activity
This course aims to educate participants about how physical activity can have a positive effect on a persons health, and explain the barriers that people living with mental health problems experience when taking up sport or physical activity.
This course is perfect for people who teach and promote physical activity and health, and for those who want to learn more about the relationship between physical and mental health.
Each 2 – 3 hour session covers:
- Understanding mental health and the continuum of mental health
- Key components of mental wellbeing
- Recognising mental health problems and starting a conversation early
- Common mental health disorders
- Understanding the relationship between physical and mental health
- Understanding the importance of physical activity and its positive effect on wellbeing
- Recognising the barriers stopping people with mental health problems from undertaking physical activity
For more information please contact us: